As a wellness campus with options for care, Meth-Wick Community promotes the whole- person wellness model in all levels of care. This model emphasizes six dimensions of wellness: spiritual, physical, vocational, emotional, intellectual and social wellness.
Whole person wellness is a top priority year-round. Educational programming, events, and classes serving all of the six dimensions of wellness are offered throughout the year to help each resident live their best life.
Wellness and Recreation highlights:
- Intellectual programs that include music, puzzles, problem-solving, movies and reading
- Variety of fitness classes focused on strength, balance, endurance, flexibility, and range of motion
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists on staff to help you attain your personal goals
- Full-time fitness specialist who leads general and specialized exercise classes five days a week
- Bus trips to off-campus events, restaurants, and shopping
- Three LifeTrailâ„¢ fitness kiosks on campus that residents can use during walk
In addition to classes and planned events, all residents of our wellness campus have access to a state-of-the-art exercise equipment room, located in Town Center in The Manor.
Exercise equipment room:
- Senior-friendly equipment that was selected following two years of research by staff.
- Exercise room available 24 hours a day, after orientation with fitness staff.
- Two treadmills with safety features that include extended rails and a monitor to shut off the machine if the user gets too close to the end of the treadmill.
- Two unique recumbent bicycles that allow
- users to step through the bike to be seated rather than step over a bar that might cause the user to stumble.
- NuStep recumbent steppers, specially designed for low impact, effective cardiovascular and strength benefits
- Two dual-functioning weight machines by HUR, which use air resistance rather than weights. Safer and easier to use than equipment with weight stacks, these machines provide a more effective workout because they isolate specific muscles. Personalized weight routines can be loaded onto a special computerized card, simplifying set-up and follow-through on machines.
WelTracsÂ® enhances wellness options for residents
We understand that living well is important to you. That is why we developed WelTracsÂ®, a valuable tool in providing you with resources to help you live your best life at Meth-Wick.
Meth-Wick staff developed WelTracsÂ® to target health and wellness programs to match your needs and preferences.
WelTracsÂ® will help you:
- Define your interests, needs and preferences.
- Create a personal successful aging plan based on your health and wellness goals.
- Adapt your successful aging plan if/when your needs change.
- Offer you the resources on and off campus to meet your goals.
- Target wellness programs to match resident needs.
- Direct our resources to resident interests and goals.
- Support a better range, quality and depth of services.
- Contact Shantel Phipps for more information on WelTracs
Return to Services